Gaming Laptops-- For People Who Take Gaming Seriously
What is a gaming laptop?
A gaming laptop provides similar functionality to a business or standard laptop but with upgraded features such as a faster processor and video card, plus extra RAM and storage space.
What are the advantages of using a gaming laptop?
There are several reasons why gaming laptops are good for work, below are few of the advantages of using gaming laptops:
- Speed: A gaming computer can handle more information at once than a regular computer and tends to be less prone to crashing and lagging. It boots up really fast usually just a few seconds to open programs.
- Powerful Specs: Gaming laptops feature better sound, picture, and memory, as well as more efficient processors that use battery power more efficiently. There is a dedicated graphics card with its own processing unit and RAM, which enables smooth gameplay and faster loading time
- Adaptability: A gaming laptop can be upgraded more easily than a regular computer. It's easy to replace the parts with updated versions to maximize functionality.
How long does a gaming laptop usually last?
- Gaming laptops can last at least 5 years if they are handled properly, and they might even last as long as 10 years, though the hardware will undoubtedly be outdated by then
Types of Gaming Laptops
How should you choose a gaming laptop?
A gaming laptop can provide you with the most thrilling gaming experience on the fly. The best part is that a gaming laptop is considered to be a good buy even for non-gamers, due to their superior build and ability to run heavy applications. To enhance your experience, you should choose the best gaming laptop.
What reviewers say
What should you consider when buying a gaming laptop?
- Hardware: If you want to enjoy lag-free gaming, the Intel Core i7 quad processor is a must-have. However, for those on a budget, dual-core i5 processors can be an option. As for the GPU, the NVIDIA Geforce GTX is highly recommended for a smooth gaming experience
- Memory: A gaming laptop with more RAM and VRAM is generally more suitable for gaming. Ideally, it should have at least 8GB of RAM
- Display: For gaming laptops, a full HD display with 1920x1080 resolution is the minimum requirement. Higher resolutions are available, but cost a lot
- Storage: To be able to save progress in games, it is recommended that the system has both SSD and at least 1TB of HDD
- Keyboard: For a comfortable experience, the key travel depth should be closer to 2mm. Also, look for a model with customized backlit keys
What should you consider before buying a gaming laptop?
There are different types of gaming laptops available on e-commerce sites. After going through thousands of gaming laptop reviews, we have listed some points which will help you buy the right one out of the multiple options on the e-commerce sites.
Check for 3D graphics: Look for the NVIDIA or AMD Radeon HD Graphics line of video cards. NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M or GTX 760M is the minimum requirement for any gaming laptop.
Look for VRAM: For proper functioning, GPUs require their own VRAM. Anything between 4GB to 8GB will be adequate.
Choose a proper CPU: Look for an i5 or i7 quad-core processor from Intel. They are the fastest processors currently available in the market, and can really enhance your gaming experience.
Check the RAM: Anything between 8GB to 16GB would work well under most circumstances. However, if you want to run heavy applications or several apps simultaneously, you may need an upgrade.
Choosing a hard drive: Look for a solid state drive (SSD) drive for fast-speed applications. However, if you plan to store a number of files and games, a traditional hard drive would be more suitable. Many gamers like to have two hard drives: using an SSD to load operating systems and games, and a 1TB hard drive for additional data.
Check the screen: Look for a Full-HD display and higher resolutions. You should get a fair idea about clarity and color accuracy by checking on-line reviews.