Animal Repellers FAQ
What is an animal repeller?
Animal repellents are anything that prevents animals from approaching certain objects, areas or other animals. Animals won't be permanently hurt or killed by them, but will be deterred from the desired area.
What are the different types of animal repeller?
Animal repellents come in two main types: chemical and non-chemical:
- Chemical: This type of repellent comes in two categories: Odor and Taste. These repellents mimic natural substances that discourage animals and/or are designed to make a specific animal avoid the object or area they protect. Plant-based repellants such as peppermint, pepper, taragon etc are examples of odor repellants.
- Non-chemical: Some of these repellents, such as those for domestic cats and dogs, emit high-frequency sounds that are not harmful to humans. Similarly, deer are driven away from highways using high-frequency whistles, as well as certain types of insects or rodents. Electrified or barbed-wire fences can also be used as a non-chemical repellent that can mechanically deter livestock or predators.
How to choose an animal repellent?
Here are a few things to consider when buying an animal repellent:
- Type of Repellant: Choose between chemical versus non chemical repellers based on what is more suitable for your home condition. For example, liquid repellents can be sprayed around the perimeter of your garden while granules may be used in segments to create a scent/taste barrier. Ultrasonic repellents and traps may be perfect for gardens in order to keep pests away without killing or hurting them.
- Eco-friendly: Consider natural, non-toxic animal repellents. Your repellents should contain all-natural and safe ingredients to ensure that they don't harm you or your home.
- Longevity: When purchasing a replacement repellent, it is important to consider how long it will last. Your repellent will last for a period of time after application depending on the weather conditions. For example, in areas with long periods of heavy rain, you may need to reapply more often.
What are the best animal repellers to get rid of rodents in your home?
In your home, you need to use animal repellers that are human-friendly but animal repellant. In the current market, there are efficient solar-powered repellers. They are easy to mount and are installed outdoors because they have weather-resistant properties. They produce an ultrasonic sound that is not audible to human beings, but animals are scared by it.