A Guide to Buying an Asus Laptop
Why should you choose an ASUS laptop?
Do you want an ASUS laptop which is compact enough to carry everywhere, yet flexible enough to run a number of demanding applications? What kind of ASUS laptop will suit your requirements? Let’s take a look at some of the significant and vital points which can help you choose the best ASUS laptop:
Innovative Features: Asus are known for its great innovations on laptops such as ScreenPad and ErgoLyft hinge.
Design: Every laptop from Asus is carefully and thoughtfully designed,
Price: It has always been Asus' goal to offer a modestly more affordable device in every category. They offer a selection of affordable laptops for each price range,
What reviewers say
What should you consider when buying an ASUS laptop?
After going through thousands of ASUS laptop reviews, we have found that, based on the operating system, budget and performance, users check the following points before buying one of the many types of ASUS laptops:
Think about the budget: With so many companies in the market, it is easy to find a good laptop with a better build, good display and strong performance within a moderate budget. Some may call ASUS Zenbook UX305 as a Macbook Air knockoff, but it is one of the best Ultrabooks, which goes for around $200. It has all the basic features including a solid battery life and speedy performance. It is quite lightweight and thin also.
Choose the operating system: Laptops basically come with three operating systems: MAC OS X, intended for Macbooks only, Chrome OS and Windows. Google’s operating system is secure and simple, but the web apps may not perform well offline. Among the lot, Windows 10 is the most flexible with a number of impressive features, like a dual graphics chip, a touchscreen, and fingerprint scanners.
Check portability: A big advantage of ASUS laptops is its portability. Most laptops are quite dynamic, easy-to-carry, and come with a good battery life. Whether you are making a presentation outside your office or visiting clients for an informal meeting, you do not need to keep your power cords handy.
Go for a convertible laptop: Convertible laptops are popular nowadays—they can serve as a laptop or as a tablet. Get a convertible laptop with good configurations, proper battery life, and a separate Bluetooth console. Also, look for a comfortable keyboard, a good, usable touchpad, and technical specifications such as a mini USB port, which all come in really handy.
- Size: You should purchase a smaller-sized Windows laptop if portability is your priority; they are thinner and lighter than their larger counterparts, but they do not support high-end processors or discrete graphics cards.
- Keyboard: For easier visibility in dimly lit environments, consider models with backlit keyboards.
- CPU: When it comes to multitasking and multimedia tasks, Intel Core processors are the best. In general, Core i3-based notebooks are found in entry-level systems, while Core i5 computers make up most mainstream systems. The i7 Core is designed for those of you who desire greater performance from a laptop while i9 Core is able to match desktop performance, but does come at a higher cost than a laptop with the i7, i5 or i3 Core processor.
- Memory: Choose a model with higher RAM- A higher memory model means more information can be stored at any given time, and thus the computer can perform greater number of tasks, all at the same time.
- Ports: The more ports it has, the better it is for sharing different external devices. A model with external ports such as Display port, HDMI, as well as newer Type C USB ports is a better choice.