A Guide to Buying the Best Commercial Refrigerator
What is a commercial refrigerator?
Commercial refrigerators are generally used in food service establishments such as caterers, restaurants, hotels, and pubs. Business establishments also have walk-in refrigerators and freezers that fall under the category of commercial refrigeration equipment. The cooling system on these appliances is typically much larger due to the fact they are usually built for specific re-loading conditions. It ensures that they are capable of handling a large number of drinks and frequent door openings.
Types of Commercial Refrigerators
What is the difference bertween a commercial vs residential refrigerator?
The average residential refrigerator can store food for a week, while a commercial refrigerator can hold enough food to feed 100 people a day. In addition, residential refrigerators typically feature multiple shelves and compartments for separating foods. A commercial refrigerator, on the other hand, consists of one or two shelves that allow you to stack and store food easily. Furthermore, they have more cooling power than a conventional home fridge, as they can chill large amounts of food quickly.
What reviewers say
What are the benefits of using a commercial regrigerator?
Commercial refrigerators offer the following benefits:
- Durability: To ensure durability, commercial refrigerators are made from high-quality materials. All shelves and components of the refrigerator are made from top-quality steel, ensuring that they will last for a long period of time.
- Energy Efficient: Commercial refrigeration is a great way to conserve energy. The systems are designed and maintained to ensure efficiency in electricity. Further, those models with a glass door allow the customers to see inside the fridge without opening it thus lessening energy consumption.
- Cost-effective: Investing in a commercial refrigerator is a good way to store products that are out of season or that are going to increase in price in the future. Having these products stored beforehand can save you a lot of money.
- Investment: A commercial fridge can be bought for a relatively reasonable price. This investment has a number of long-term benefits, including improving the visual appeal of your business and turning it into an outstanding marketing tool.
What are the things to consider when buying a commercial refrigerator?
The following factors should be considered when buying a commercial refrigerator:
- Size: The size of commercial refrigerator units can vary widely, so be sure to decide how much space you need in your fridge. You will waste space and incur unnecessary utility bills if you buy a refrigerator that is too large for the purpose, while a unit that is too small will cause considerable inconvenience. Therefore, the size you'll need should be estimated carefully.
- Material: The two most common types of material used for doors are: (1) Solid and (2) Glass. Solid door materials provide more insulation than glass doors but limit visibility into the fridge. A glass door, on the other hand, allows the user to see the contents of the refrigerator before opening it.
- Condenser: Condensers are either (1) top-mount or (2) bottom-mount. You may choose the bottom mount variant to make cleaning and maintenance easier while providing better accessibility to your food supplies. The top mount, however, has the advantage that they don't trap dust or emit hot air when the fridge door is opened. Furthermore, it provides efficient operation since the heat doesn't rise into the cooler.
- Warranty: Several brands in the commercial refrigeration sector offer warranties that last for three years. In order to avoid having to replace or repair your refrigerator every now and then, buy a model that comes with a good warranty in order to avoid having to spend a lot of money on unnecessary repairs.
What is the best Refrigeration Equipment for Your Food Storage, Cooling, and Preparation Needs?
Food storage and refrigeration equipment should conform to world standards for food storage equipment. They should have separate compartments for different kinds of food. It should be easy to clean. Surfaces that hold food should be of food-grade paint or standard tempered glass for food containment. The equipment should have automatic means to regulate temperature to avoid spoiling of food.