Buying Guide for the Best Decaf K Cups
Popping a K-Cup into a Keurig and getting a perfectly brewed single size coffee within 30 seconds is a great convenience. You save a lot of energy and time that usually goes into preparing the right blend. Also, the compact pods save you from cleaning up a messy trail of grinds or stray beans. Above all, you can have your favorite coffee without running to Starbucks every time. But, how should you choose the best decaf K-cups? It is certainly not an easy choice with the vast assortment of products available in the market. This buying guide will step you through in selecting the best Decaf K-cups.
Types of Decaf K Cups
Decaf K-Cups usually vary in the following three parameters:
Kind of roast: Roasting coffee transforms the chemical and physical properties of green coffee beans into roasted coffee. The time and the method by which the coffee beans are roasted have a great impact on the final flavor. You can choose between dark, medium and light roast, in accordance with the kind of coffee you prefer. Light roast is available by several common names, including Cinnamon, American, half city, or moderate-light roast. Medium roast may be labeled as city, city+, or full city and full city+ roast. Dark roast is also labeled as an Italian, Viennese or French roast.
Flavored K-cups are now available in a variety of add-on flavors including Hazelnut, Mountain Blueberry, and Vanilla. These flavors can significantly affect the taste of the brewed coffee.
Coffee beans: K-cups can also be distinguished on the basis of the coffee beans used in the cups. Most top brands use Arabica beans, although you can also find Robusta beans.
What reviewers say
- Buy in bulk: Most K-cup users would insist on buying Decaf K-cups in bulk. This way you can get the best deals at low prices. Buying more usually means paying less per serving in the long run.
- Shelf life: After going through thousands of reviews, we came to the conclusion that you must check the shelf life of the Decaf K-cups before you purchase. To avoid waste, go for products with a longer shelf life.
- Look for better deals: Buying Decaf K-cups can be expensive at first--in the long run, it is best to check out the sites offering the best deals.
- Type of roast: You should always check the roast mentioned on the K-cups. Depending on your personal preference for strong or light coffee, you can select dark, medium or light roast.
- Compatibility with your brewer: Most K-cups available on the market could be brewed with the older Keurig machines. However, some things have changed with the launch of the Keurig 2. Though most K-cup brands have worked a way around the incompatibility issue, it is still best to check beforehand whether the brand of K-Cup you are planning to purchase is compatible with the Brewer you use for brewing the coffee.
- Swiss Water decaffeinated: Decaffeinated coffee is the best thing since sliced bread. It gives you the liberty to enjoy your flavored coffee without the guilt (or side effects) of consuming caffeine. Decaffeinated coffee has a multitude of health benefits. However, it pays to do your homework, as there are several ways in which coffee beans are decaffeinated. The Swiss water decaffeination process ensures that no harmful chemicals are used during the extraction process.
- Kosher K-cups: If you prefer kosher coffee, then check for the labeling on the K-cups. Most kosher cups are clearly labeled as such. However, if you are in doubt, you can check on the manufacturer’s website.
- Flavored coffee: Decaf K-Cups come in a range of flavors, including vanilla, hazelnut, mountain blueberry, etc. If you love to experiment and enjoy a change from the regular coffee you have been drinking, you might be intrigued to give these other flavors a try. However, carefully consider the flavor you select, so as to avoid disappointment.
- The size of the packaging: Consider your requirements before finalizing your purchase. An optimal package size will keep you well-stocked for a few weeks. If the box mentions 24 K-cups, it simply means that you get 24 single servings of coffee.
Barista Prima is one of the most popular brands of Decaf K-cups. You get premium quality coffee beans that deliver just the perfect blend of coffee.
Starbucks: The name says it all. You can save yourself a trip to the nearest Starbucks by buying the K-cups with the flavors you relish most.
Dunkin' Donuts: This brand is known for more than just donuts. They have been delighting coffee aficionados in the K-cup segment by bringing the most exotic K-cups right to your doorstep.