Foldable Treadmills--Bringing the Gym Experience Into Your Home
What is a foldable treadmill?
Folding treadmills have running decks that pivot up and lock, so they take up less space when they are not in use. Additionally, it has wheels so you can easily move it around.
What reviewers say
Why should you buy a foldable treadmill?
The following are some of the benefits of owning a foldable treadmill at home:
- Space Saver Those with small homes may find it particularly useful to be able to fold up and store the treadmill when not in use. Also, those with limited space might be interested in this treadmill since it saves more space for other pieces of gym equipment
- Easy to Clean: As people can lift them and access the area underneath, they are easier to clean than other models.
- Easy To Store: The best thing about folding treadmills is that they are extremely easy to store. Folding this machine up will give you a lot of empty room, and it won't get in the way, since it can be folded and stored easily.
- Easy To Transport: Foldable models often have wheels on the bottom, making them easier to move around.
What to consider when buying foldable treadmill?
Below are the key factors to consider when buying a foldable treadmill:
- Space: Make sure you check the space requirement for the treadmill when it is folded as well as when it is in use. As the treadmill will raise you several inches above the ground, consider also the ceiling height to prevent injuries.
- Stability: The construction, belt width, positioning of the arm rails and weight limit of treadmills varies for each model and should always be considered before purchasing. To determine if the treadmill is a good fit, users should test out models with their workout shoes in order to ensure that the walk feels smooth and the belt is wide enough to handle a user's stride.
- Easy to Fold: Users should look for one that folds smoothly. A good quality running machine should have hydraulics that enable it to fold out softly, and to be easily raised back up after folding.
- Features: Special features on treadmills can enhance your exercise experience and keep you motivated. Consider models with features that are most suitable for you. For example, the incline feature on treadmills makes exercise more interesting and will not only burn more calories, but will also develop your muscles better.
- Today, many treadmills also include workout programs that control their speed and incline, as well as interactive videos that place the user in scenic settings with ambient sound.
How to take care of your foldable treadmill?
The key to maximizing your treadmill's efficiency is to maintain it properly. Here are a few tips on how to care of your foldable treadmill:
- Cleaning: Wipe down your machine after every use, especially when you sweat a lot. Once moisture begins to accumulate on the machine, rusting of its metal parts will take place, as well as bacterial growth.
- Lubrication: Apply silicone or paraffin-based lubricant to the underside of the treadmill belt, particularly where your feet make contact with it most frequently. It is recommended to lubricate your machine every three months. However, you may need to lubricate your treadmill more often depending on the frequency, the amount, and the type of lubricant you use.
- Suctioning: As you use your treadmill regularly, dust and debris will begin to pile up at the rear of the machine. Therefore it is recommended to vacuum the area around the machine and underneath it as often as needed. Before removing the motor cover to vacuum inside the motor compartment, make sure that the machine is off and unplugged.