Your Buying Guide for the Best Hair Mannequin
Best Hair Mannequins 2018
Our hairstyles are the first thing other people are likely to notice about us when we meet them, especially in the case of women. Hair not only enhances our beauty but also complements our other personal traits such as confidence when well-done. To help hair stylists in seamlessly accomplishing their works and meeting the clients’ demands while at the same time discovering new ways of braiding, shaving, or styling hair, various cosmetology training platforms utilize the best hair mannequins in their training processes. In the subsequent paragraphs, we are going to uncover what the best hair mannequins entail.
What is a Hair Mannequin?
Also referred to as manikin, dummy, lay figure or dress form, a hair mannequin is a doll with hair used by hairdresser artists for practical work. The mannequins are used as hair models by students in hair-styling schools as part of their art projects. Additionally, these models are used to display various types of hair in departmental stores.
Hair mannequins are on the rise due to the tremendous popularity the beauty sector is gaining. The variety of hair used in hair mannequins is derived from various sources including human mane, animal fur, synthetic hair, straight, and blends (a combination of human and animal hair). The human hair is mostly used by students in hair-styling schools envisioning to be top rated stylists in cutting and styling real hair. On the other hand, synthetic hair mannequins have hair made from fine monofilaments made by machines to bring out a realistic-looking hair. Though they don’t work alone, the hairs rely on other accessories like holding clamps, tripods, wig dyers and foam heads to realize the intended art.
Why do we need Hair Mannequin?
The utilization of models in beauty schools, students or stylists in learning and practicing the various skills garnered from training remains a pipe dream to many who have not incorporated real hair mannequin heads. The diversity in the hair styling techniques makes it a further hurdle. Consequently, some of the merits attached to the use of the mannequin in the hair-styling world include;
- The cosmetology mannequin head with hair comes with a hole at the base attached with a stand, usually in table clamps and floor tripods and are used to display wigs and hats.
- The mannequin’s hair heads act as a base when learning new styles of cutting and coloring to give out the desired taste of class and flair.
- They are appropriate for apprentices that straighten, cut, curl, braid, set and marcel with heated tools.
Hair mannequins serve the multifunctional purpose of styling by hairdressers, stylists, saloon shops and cosmetology students.
What makes the best Hair Mannequins?
- Flexibility in terms of types of hair it can accommodate: A hair mannequin that can accommodate an extensive range of hair types including human hairs, animal hairs, and synthetic hairs makes a perfect choice as it can be utilized for different training sessions as well as displays.
- The durability of the material used in making the dummy: Hair mannequins made of a robust material resistant to accidental impulses as well as wear and tear makes a perfect choice. They can serve their intended purposes for such a long time without the need for replacements.
Affordability in terms of pricing: In as much as the best hair mannequins should be flexible and durable, they should also retail at affordable prices matching the tastes and preferences associated with different buyers.
Best Hair Mannequins brands
The market is overflown with diverse brands of hair mannequin that harbor various claims. Best rated mannequins are as a result of outstanding customer reviews and experts commendation that can be your guide in the selection of finest brand. Highlighted below is a list of best brands and prices to suit your preference which includes;
- The 26-28"Yaki Hair Mannequin Head: The Manikin Head Doll is a brand of synthetic fiber hair suitable for use in temperatures not exceeding 1500. It has a 26-28 inches length with multi-functional roles of straightening, cutting, curling, braiding, and setting dye or bleach. The mannequin head comes with a package of a free table. It retails at approximately $17.
- FUTAI 30" Hair Mannequin Head: The hairstyle manikin head with perfect curling and synthetic fiber works best at 248°F-266°F to get the best curls. It is suitable for students that straighten, cut, curl, braid, set and marcel with a curling iron. The mannequin retails at $15.37 in the local stores.
- Bellino 30 " (Long and thick) Cosmetology Mannequin: The manikin training head with synthetic Fiber comes in a length of 30 " inches from forehead to the back. It’s perfect for braiding and styling while practicing the various styling techniques. It comes with a free clamp holder in multi-color retailing at $17.99.
- 20" Synthetic Cosmetology Mannequin Training Head: This mannequin serves a multi-functional purpose of curling (After using a flat iron that keeps the hair in a curled shape), cutting, braiding, setting and updos. It is not ideal for bleaching and dyeing, and retails at $19.99. The mannequin is suitable for hairdressers, stylists, saloon shops and cosmetology students.
The best choice of hair mannequins is determined by variations in quality. Being in possession of a mannequin will have you experience less tension that boosts your confidence with splendid and flair looks. It is worth going the review lane to settle on the best hair model that is of a surety of achievement.
It’s my confidence that this article provided you with adequate guidance. You are welcomed to find more of such content on our website.