A Guide to Selecting a Mop Robot
What is a mop robot?
A robot mop is a robotic cleaner that can be programmed to sweep and mop floors. It usually comes with pads for dry sweeping and two types of cleaning pads for wet surfaces (disposable and reusable). The product sprays warm water through an adjustable nozzle to moisten grit and dirt and uses cleaning pads to remove them.
How should you choose a mop robot?
A mop robot, or robotic floor cleaner, wipes away dust and dirt and makes your floors spotlessly clean. Most mop robots use a mild cleaning solution or water to mop the hard floor surface. Mop robots are an especially good option if the entire house has a hardwood floor. Once you have decided that you can use a robotic assistant, we can help you find the best mop robot on the market.
Types of Mop Robots
There are different types of mop robots in the market.
- For instance, a robotic duster has rotating bristle brushes which are appropriate for firm carpets and hard surfaces.
- Robot vacuums are more flexible and can work on any type of floor. They have a fine blend of sensors, cleaning tools, and navigation equipment.
What reviewers say
What are the advantages of using a robot mop?
The following are some of the benefits of using robot mops in your home:
- Saves Time: By not manually cleaning your floors, you will have more time to work, relax, or enjoy whatever you like. You just need to turn it on and it will take care of everything while you are doing more important chores, or even while you are away.
- Quiet: In general, robot mops are quieter than traditional vacuum cleaners, making them pet-friendly as well. These machines are even safe to use during the night and while the family is resting.
- Easy to Use: One of the major benefits of owning a robot vacuum cleaner is that they are incredibly easy to use. As soon as the machine is programmed for a specific space and a timer is set, it runs virtually by itself. Just place it in an appropriate starting spot on the floor and you're good to go.
- Sets Boundaries: Robot vacuum cleaners also offer the advantage of being able to function only in a specific space for which they have been programmed. The user can easily set the scope of the machine so that it does not disturb your pets when they are sleeping or go across openings such as doorways.
- Efficient: Robotic mops cleaners perform multiple tasks such as cleaning and mopping floors at the same time. Some models can even remember the layout of your space and automatically return to the charging station after collecting dirt. The back-and-forth movement of the machines also ensures that every inch of the floor or space is cleaned, which results in a more thorough clean.
What should you consider when buying a mop robot
After going through thousands of mop robot reviews, we have found out that most users look for certain criteria while selecting a mop robot:
Think about the space which needs to be cleaned: Do you envision cleaning just a single-room studio, or multiple rooms in a big house? The sensor and navigation tools determine the efficiency of a mop robot. If you are looking at a small simple room, a model with moderate efficiency should suffice. For multiple rooms, choose a higher-end model, which can systematically map out the room and navigate the room's boundaries before starting the cleaning process.
Keep the floor type in mind: Choose a model of mop robot depending on your type of floor. A robot vacuum is perfect for a carpeted floor, but for a fluffy carpet, a model with high suction capacity is essential. If the floor is made of clean hardwood or linoleum, then a mop robot with cleaning wipes will be most appropriate.
Decide on your budget: By determining your budget before making a purchase, you can restrict your searches to mop robots which will fall within your price range. Go through the features, and decide whether you need a high-end model, or can settle for something within a moderate budget.
Battery: For large rooms, robot mop should have batteries that can last at least 90 minutes. In general, lithium ion batteries are considered long-lasting, so using them is an excellent choice for long-term performance.
Ease of use: New robot vacuums work with apps so you can control and schedule cleanings. The app can also map the house so you can clean specific areas with a tap. There is also a self emptying vacuum that automatically empties the bin, keeping weeks' worth of dirt in it, without you having to do anything about it.
Sensors: Consider choosing a model with sensors to avoid obstacles such as walls, rugs and furniture. Sensors that detect stairs and drops are vital for keeping your vacuum in one piece. Additionally, some models have anti-collision sensors that prevent the robot from bumping into furniture, people, or animals.
Performance: Pick a robot mop that can clean a variety of surfaces without damaging them and collect a lot of grime with its microfiber cloth/pads. You may also be interested in models that can both vacuum and mop simultaneously as it moves across your floor.
Applications: Select robot mops with built-in smart apps that allow you to control and monitor its operations remotely by syncing your robot and phone via Wi-Fi or bluetooth. As soon as your robot has connected and mapped out your home, you can schedule cleaning times and send the cleaner back to its charging station using the app. Additionally, you can control cleaning zones and no-go zones via the app to prevent it from entering restricted areas or mopping your carpet.