Remanufactured Ink Cartridges help you save on ink
Remanufactured Inks are being quickly embraced as the cheapest solution when looking for ways to save costs for printing. The cartridges are offered by a wide variety of suppliers and are worth checking out for both individuals and small businesses.
Saving on ink? Remanufactured Ink Cartridges
Remanufactured Inks are recycled cartridges that are cleaned and processed then refilled ready for use on a printer. The cartridges can work in various types of printers as long as they are compatible. In most cases, the use of remanufactured ink cartridges saves ink because users do not have to buy the original versions which are often quite expensive.
What is a remanufactured ink cartridge?
Remanufactured ink or toner cartridges are original name brands that have been cleaned, refilled with similar quality ink and tested to ensure they are the same as their original counterparts. There are differences in the remanufacturing process, as well as the quality of the toner. The toner used by printer manufacturers is designed to fit their printers while those used for remanufactured and third-party cartridges are generic.
Types of Remanufactured Ink Cartridges
What is the difference between a compatible and a remanufactured cartridge?
Remanufactured cartridges are essentially professionally refilled OEM cartridges, while compatible cartridges have 100% brand new components. Compared to OEM cartridges, compatible cartridges are constructed from all new materials and undergo a rigorous testing process to ensure they meet the same standards. Some printer manufacturers have patents on their cartridges that limit whether a third-party provider can create a compatible or remanufactured version.
What reviewers say
What are the advantages of using remanufactured ink cartridge?
The following are some advantages of using remanufactured print cartridges:
- Quality Print: Remanufacturing ink cartridges goes beyond just refilling the toner. Dismantling and repairing any worn-out parts are also part of the process. As a result, the printer picks up toner just as efficiently as it would with a new cartridge, thus producing quality prints.
- Cost-Effective: The price of remanufactured ink cartridges varies according to the manufacturer. However, most of them are cheaper than the original manufacturer's prices. Some of these remanufactured toners have the same size as standard cartridges, but they contain more than twice the amount of ink. This means more savings for consumers and businesses.
- Eco-friendly: Decomposing plastic and metal components of discarded printer cartridges takes years. Since most of the old cartridge parts are recycled during remanufacturing, the process is more sustainable and eco-friendly than manufacturing new ones.
What are the things to consider when buying a remanufactured ink cartridge?
- Buying Remanufactured Ink Cartridges: Finding the Best Remanufactured Ink Cartridges is possible when you know what you are looking for. It is essential to consider the following factors when shopping for high-quality cartridges.
- Compatibility: It is critical to ensure that your cartridge and your printer are compatible by reading the model type and number of the machine. When the printer and cartridge are a perfect kit, the results are as expected.
- Multiple colors: The cartridge should have more than the usual basic black color as part of its offering allowing you to print in a variety of colors. Some of the popular colors to consider when buying a cartridge are Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow in different proportions.
- Budget: Although remanufactured ink cartridges are cheaper to buy than the original, it is still important to consider the cost before buying it.
Reputable Seller: Buying from a reputable seller with proven results is the best way to go. Check for high ratings, positive customer feedback, and a strong product guarantee. A remanufacturing company that offers high quality ink cartridges, backed by sophisticated manufacturing techniques, is certain to produce items that rival the original!
Page Yield: To determine the accurate yield of an ink cartridge, both name brands and remanufactured cartridges use ISO/IEC 24712 standards. It is important to choose a cartridge that has passed the page yield test, as it is guaranteed to produce the same number of prints as the original.
Price: Your savings will really vary depending on the printer you are buying cartridges for. One thing is for sure, though: a remanufactured ink cartridge will be significantly cheaper than its original counterpart. Thus, choose a cartridge that is compatible with your printer to get a guaranteed result and avoid purchasing toners that will not work.
The best Remanufactured Ink Cartridges
Refurbished Ink Cartridges are many in the market which make it easier to pick out the one that meets your needs. Some of the brands that have delivered as expected for both individuals and companies are listed below.
JARBO Remanufactured for HP 63XL
The JARBO Remanufactured ink cartridge is compatible with most HP printers within the Deskjet, OfficeJet and Envy series except for HP OfficeJet 5255 and 5258. It’s packaged in two packs namely 1 black and 1 Tri-color. It has a money back guarantee that lasts two years which covers issues to do with reliability, performance, and quality.
Although its compatibility with printers may be limited, it's one advantage is that it uses less energy to print making it an environmentally friendly choice. Also, it is sold at a reasonable cost of $30.99 on Amazon and similar e-commerce sites.
The ink cartridge by myCartridge is available in a 4 Pack color package that includes 1 Yellow, 1 Black, 1 Magenta, and 1 Cyan. It has a chip and ink feature which allows users to monitor the ink level when in use. Also, it is compatible with the majority of HP OfficeJet PRO models and always delivers quality printings. However, its one downside is that if you are using the replacement cartridge with models outside the HP brand, you might face some challenges in getting quality output for the machine.
MYTONER Remanufactured Canon 245XL
The remanufactured cartridge by MY TONER offers a pack of high-yield ink that contains 1 Black and 1 Tri-Color that includes Magenta, Yellow, and Cyan. It is perfectly compatible with Canon 245XL and similar models resulting in high-yield results during printing. Although it can print a high number of pages, its ability to display the ink level correctly is limited. Buying the cartridge can cost up to $ 35 or slightly less depending on the e-commerce site.
LEMERO for Epson T220XL
The LEMERO replacement cartridge is sold in a ten pack which comprises of 2 Yellow, 2 Cyan, 2 Magenta and 4 Black. When installed in an Epson T220XL printer, users can expect a yield of five hundred pages for the black cartridge and four hundred and fifty pages for the colored cartridges. Buyers get to enjoy the chip feature when using the cartridge which allows for monitoring of ink levels accurately. It costs up to $31 or thereabout and is one of the most affordable ones in its category.
LxTek for HP 61XL
The LxTek replacement cartridge goes through an intense process where it is cleaned, restored and refilled ready for use. Its package includes 1 Black, 1 Tri-color, 1 User Guide and 1 mailing envelope for empty cartridges. The remanufactured ink cartridge contains a smart chip that makes it possible to track the ink levels. When shopping for an HP 61XL by LxTek, you are likely to spend $29.99 on Amazon and similar websites. However, when compared to other cartridges in its category, it may be considered a bit pricey.
Valuetoner for HP 61XL HP
The refurbished ink cartridge from Valuetoner is compatible with the HP 61XL printer and other similar models. The package contains 2 Black cartridges that offer high-quality prints regardless of the number of documents being printed. One advantage of the Valuetoner cartridge is its unique manufacturing process that guarantees professional prints as well as an extended life for the printer. Even so, the cartridge may not be compatible with a specific number of HP printers. Additionally, the cost of the cartridges start from $ 28 and can go a little high depending on the store.
MyCartridge for Epson 288XL
The 5 Pack cartridge by myCatridge is an excellent replacement for Epson 288XL and always delivers quality prints for the company or personal use. It contains 1 Yellow, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta and 2 Black ink cartridges. Majority of online stores offer the cartridge at $32.99 or slightly less making it worth purchasing when looking for one for your computer. Nevertheless, some Epson models may not work well with the cartridge which makes it necessary to confirm with sellers before buying them.
Quality control for Remanufactured Ink Cartridges
Although Remanufactured Ink Cartridges are gaining popularity among users looking to save money, it is important to ensure that the ones bought are high-quality. Some of the qualities to look out for when using such cartridges are listed below.
The final print from the cartridge should be crisp and clear making the document easy to read as well as visually appealing.
The ability to monitor the ink levels within a cartridge makes it possible to print out legible documents at all times.
The process of changing Printer Cartridges
Changing printer cartridges for Remanufactured Ink is simple, but still requires some basic skills for the process to be successful. Some of the major steps involved in changing these cartridges are:
- Step 1 – Turn off the printing machine and open the cartridge compartment. If there is an ink cartridge inside, remove it and put it aside.
- Step 2 – Unpack the remanufactured ink cartridge and remove the outer cover that protects it from damage.
- Step 3 – Install the new cartridge into the drum unit and ensure it fits well. Make sure it is locked in place to avoid it getting damaged or making it hard for the printer to work at its optimum functionality.
- Step 4 – Put back the unit and the ink cartridge into the printer and close the machine. Wipe off any dust that may be on the printer.
- Step 5- Test the quality of the ink cartridge by printing a document to confirm that everything is working well.
Differences in remanufactured ink cartridges and compatible ones
When shopping for an ink cartridge, you are likely to come across terms such as “remanufactured and “compatible. “These terms are used to describe two major types of cartridges that are used in printers across different brands. The compatible ink cartridges vary depending on the brand but are known to perform very well resulting in high-quality prints. However, with the refurbished versions, the quality may be compromised if the supplier tampers with its functionality in any way.
Additionally remanufactured cartridges are much cheaper than compatible ones. In most cases, the refurbished cartridges are restored to full functionality after going through a laborious process. Nevertheless, the best cartridge is one that meets your needs and your budget.
To sum it up
Overall, learning the ins and outs of refurbished ink cartridges goes a long way in enjoying the benefits they have to offer. It does not matter if you have just started interacting with them for the first time or have been using them for a while; they are always worth the investment.