Steam Cleaners That'll Blast Away Stains and Germs
What are Steam Cleaners?
A steam cleaner will redefine the way you clean your house! It produces hot water vapor that doesn't just lift dirt off the surface but also sanitizes. It starts by heating water to the boiling point and then employing pressure and heat to create steam. Some are equipped with a detergent tank, which will use soap for even more powerful cleaning.
Are you looking for the best steam cleaner? You came to the right place. Read on and we’ll help you make the right decision.
Types of Steam Cleaners
What are the different types of steam cleaner?
There are different types of steam cleaners. Each type is designed to perform a specific cleaning task, depending on your needs.
- Handheld Steam Cleaner: Most handheld steam cleaners are small, compact, and cordless, making them very portable and easy to use with just one hand. These allow users to conveniently clean areas such as window frames, grout, wall crevices, and narrow spaces in the house.
- Garment Steam Cleaner: This cleaner is specifically designed for steaming garments to keep them wrinkle-free. It is safer than traditional ironing since it does not get in contact with your clothes. Similar to the handheld steam cleaner, it is also portable and can be used in cleaning and sanitizing surfaces within the house such as cooking areas and countertops.
- Steam Vacuum Cleaner: The steam vacuum cleaner is a portable cleaning device that does a great job of disinfecting and sanitizing carpets, rugs, floors, and upholstery. Users can choose from a variety of attachments to clean different types of surfaces. The high temperature steam they produce make them effective in killing germs and bacteria and excellent for removing heavy stains.
- Cylinder Steam Cleaner: Also known as canister steam cleaners, cylinder steam cleaners are larger compared to handheld and steam mop cleaners. They are cylindrical in shape and heavy due to the bulky water tanks they have to carry. Contrary to vapor steam cleaners which use dry steam to clean surfaces, cylindrical steam cleaners use moist steam to clean surfaces, which means that your carpets, mats, and rugs will need to be dried in the sun after cleaning.
- Steam Mops: Steam mops are specifically designed for cleaning floors. These steam cleaners have a mop attachment that makes cleaning hard floors, like tile, marble, and laminate flooring, a lot easier. They work similar to traditional brooms and mops, except that steam cleaning is included so that not only do they wipe your floor but they also use hot steam to kill germs, bacteria, and parasites.
- Commercial Steam Cleaners: As the name suggest, commercial steam cleaners are designed to clean large areas such as restaurants, hotels, offices, and schools. They have huge tanks that can hold large amount of water, enough to produce hot steam used in cleaning wide surfaces. With a commercial steam cleaner, users can clean and sanitize without using hazardous chemicals, making them both safe and eco-friendly.
What reviewers say
How Do You Choose the Best Steam Cleaners?
To choose a good steam cleaner, here are some things you need to do:
Decide on the Type of Steam Cleaner: Handheld steam cleaners are the most common, which are compact and lightweight. For large areas, a better choice is a steam mop. Cylinder steam cleaners, on the other hand, have a hose, mop head, and wheels.
Consider Ease of Use: It should be lightweight and compact. The buttons should be in strategic positions so that they will be easy to access.
Find the Right Accessories: For versatility, find a steam cleaner with multiple accessories. Some of the most common accessories include a squeegee, scrubbing brush, cleaning pad, and carpet glider.
Why Should You Consider Buying a Steam Cleaner?
Need compelling reasons to buy a floor steam cleaner? One of its biggest benefits is that it is easy to use. Whether it's a surprise that your pet left for you, or spilled wine, there is no need to manually scrub surfaces. It is a great way to clean and sanitize your home, even without relying on harsh cleaners that often contain harsh chemicals. A steam cleaner will help you get rid of allergens and pet stains. It uses high-temperature water vapor to break down dirt and kill bacteria.
What Should You Look for When Buying a Steam Cleaner?
Looking for the best steam cleaner can be an overwhelming task. To help you narrow down the choices, here are the things you should be looking for:
Size and Weight: The best ones are lightweight and compact, which will make them easier to use. If you have a large place to clean, on the other hand, you might need to settle for a large steam cleaner with a large cleaning width.
Tank Size: It is good to have a large water tank, which means that there is no need to refill often. However, when the tank is large, this can make the steam cleaner heavier and bulkier.
Power: Power is expressed in watts. The higher the number, the more powerful the steam cleaner is. Most of the models range from 900 to 1600 watts.
Noise: No one wants to clean with a steamer that generates a loud noise. Pick one that is as quiet as possible.
Safety: Look for a variety of safety features, which will provide you with peace of mind. Some of the most important are automatic shut-off, child-lock, and a low-water indicator.
Top 5 Steam Cleaners
If you're confounded as to which steam cleaner to buy, here are five products that are worth considering:
PurSteam Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner with 9-Piece Accessory Set:
This is proof that the best steam cleaners for your furniture and other surfaces don’t have to be expensive. Despite being affordable, it is packed with exceptional features. You will love the nine accessories that come with this unit, which will be useful for various cleaning applications. It is also good in terms of ease of use, especially because it heats up quickly. It can heat water in approximately three to four minutes.
PurSteam ThermaPro 10-in-1 Steam Mop Cleaner:
This features a convenient detachable handheld unit. It's suitable for all types of surfaces: laminate, hardwood, tile, or carpeting. Do not be discouraged by the high price of this product. The extra money will be worth it, especially because it delivers ten functions in one product. There are also three adjustable modes, so you can choose the steam level that is suited for a specific cleaning application. The water reservoir has a maximum capacity of 340 ml, which can be good for up to 25 minutes of cleaning. It comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
Bissell Steam Shot Deluxe Hard-Surface Cleaner in Light Green (Models 39N7A/39N71):
With 1,000 Watts of power, this is great if you are looking for a powerful steam cleaner for tile floors and other surfaces. The length of the cord is 20 feet, which will give you the ability to move far away from the electrical outlet. It heats up within 30 seconds, which means that it is ready in an instant! Multiple accessories are included in your purchase, including an extension hose, a window squeegee, a fabric steamer, a detail brush, and a grout brush, among others.
Bissell Shot Hard Surface Steam Cleaner (Model 39N7V)
This high-pressure steam cleaner is designed to handle even the toughest cleaning jobs. It heats water in 30 seconds, which means that you don’t need to wait a long time before it is ready to be used. The tank capacity is 6.6 ounces, which isn’t large, but the good thing is that it makes the steam cleaner portable. There are also multiple accessories, including color-coded brushes, which are perfect for various cleaning applications. The kit also includes a grout brush, a flat scraping tool, a nozzle accessory, an angle concentrator, and a measuring cup.
Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner with Swivel Steering (Model S3501)
This steam mop has an extra-large 220 ml water tank and an 18-foot cord. It has a swivel feature, which will make it easy to maneuver. There is a manual steam control, which you can easily customize depending on the pressure that you exert. There is also a soft-grip handle, which will be easy and comfortable to use. It uses microfiber cleaning pads, which can easily tackle practically any dirt. The cloth is soft, so it will be gentle even on delicate surfaces, without leaving unsightly streaks on the floor.
Change the way you clean your home! Invest in a high-quality steam cleaner, including those mentioned above. They are powerful! Using these cleaners will not only get rid of visible dirt, but will also be an effective way of sanitizing your home!