Your Guide to Buying a Transmission Additives
Enjoying a momentum ride behind the wheel is a feeling the majority admire. While the passion is unimaginable, the fact is that a well-maintained machine is the one capable of serving you at best. Transmission failure is a recurrent problem affecting many vehicles worldwide. For automatic vehicles, the worry can be devastating compared to ones engineered with a manual transmission. A small problem can turn into a more significant turmoil which will cost a fortune to rectify. Transmission additives are, for this reason, the best solution to transmission failures your vehicle might be facing or likely to experience any time soon.
What are Transmission Additives?
Transmission additives are non-solvent solutions that prevent and stop hesitation and irregular changing of gears, thereby protecting gears and bearings against wear and tear. Still, they provide frictional properties to facilitate smooth and accurate shifts.
Transmission fluid additives are designed to fix fluid properties responsible for providing the right frictional properties, heat resistance, among other uses. For instance, some additives are meant to soften and swell worm seals as well as fix leaks. For these reasons, it is advisable that you always be on the lookout for any transmission related issues facing your motor vehicle to avoid wasting money on non-existent problems.
Types of Transmission Additives
Why do you Need Transmission Additives?
Transmission is one of the essential parts of a car. It functions concurrently with the engine to control the car performance. As a result, transmission ensures the car runs well at different speeds. Just like other motor oil for your engine, auto transmission additives help to keep transmission lubricated and running smoothly.
If the levels of transmission fluid are unequal, your transmission will lock up, heat, and fail, consequently attracting heavy costs of replacing or repair the system. Evidently, constant maintenance is essential in prolonging the life of your car. Part of your maintenance routine should entail getting your fluid flushed and changed after a certain mileage. Some of the benefits that transmission additive may have for your vehicle include:
- An economizing strategy; a transmission additive is formulated to stop or minimize small leaks by conditioning the seals. A minor leak can result in a transmission system that operates at extra high temperatures. Alternatively, the leak can cause the system to function less inefficiently resulting in rough slips or shifts when transmission fluid is low.
- Keeps you on the road and avoids breakdowns; a constant change of transmission fluid will keep the entire unit of your car working efficiently by reducing wear on parts. If the oil starts to get old, it thickens, and the transmission begins to strain from the impurities that would have formed.
- Effective treatment helps to minimize sludge and varnish from forming: The formation of varnish damages transmission and the surrounding parts. Proper treatment will also reduce noise and shudder which comes as a result of low-quality fluid. On a different note, poor quality fluid has an effect on the transmission in the roar under your hood, the clanking, and the whirring. Your transmission might also vibrate.
What Makes the Best Transmission Additives?
Lubricant manufacturers are working hard to design transmission fluids that deliver seamless shifts while protecting against wear and leaks. Transmission problems are hazardous, and you might end up wasting money on fake lubricants. Visiting the mechanic and having them recommend the automatic transmission additives will save you money and frustrations.
Some factors you need to consider include; the price of the transmission; the product should retail at an affordable rate and should be from a reputable brand manufacturer.
The transmission additive should be able to solve significant problems like cleaning gum, shellac, and varnish.
On a different note, the product should come with ease of application. The transmission additives that work should be easy to handle and non-staining or washable. They should provide a long-lasting solution, and the results should be imminent.
Ultimately, a genuinely top-rated additive should have an overall positive rating from customers which is a good sign of satisfaction. Though with reviews, you have to be vigilant because some users are paid to write positively about some products.
Nevertheless, there are several brands available in the market retailing at different prices. Explore different options before you can settle on one. Research a single product, read reviews and even get recommendations from different mechanics. Above all, your choice will narrow down to your personal preference.
Best Transmission Additives Brands
Since there are many choices on the market, this guide highlights some of the best transmission additives available. Notably, price and performance variation may be evident.
- Liqui Moly 20040 ATF Additive-meekly formulated to prevent oil loss and preserve your engine functions without much hassle. It is thought to dampen downshifting operations and protects from wear thus reducing repair cost and giving longevity.
- Trans-X Automatic Transmission and Power Steering Stop Leak- this treatment cleans the transmission and protects it against expensive repair. It cleans shellac, gums, varnish, and other oily hardened deposits from transmission parts. The retail price is approximately $24.
- XADO Revitalizant EX120 for Automatic transmissions-at a retail price of between $14 and $15, this product rebuilds and restores metallic components as soon as it is added to an automatic transmission. It stops transmission shudder and reduces noise from vibration.
- Hot Shot’s Secret HSSTSE 32Z Transmission Stiction Eliminator- this product is formulated to provide the immediate solution on shifting. It transforms transmission, and you will notice lower temperatures.
The engine of the car can be likened to the heart of a living being. If well maintained, your vehicle will serve you, and you will enjoy a comfortable ride all the time. Keeping your car in condition with the best transmission additives will spare you the heck of visiting your mechanic all the time. Besides, you will save a lot something which would have been a costly process.
I believe this article has been helpful and offered great insights. For more of these articles, please visit our website. Thank you.